Understanding CRPS [PART 1 of 3]: The Truth About it’s Neurobiology and Effective Treatments
Let's take a take a deep dive into the neurobiology of CRPS.
My aim is to essentially prove that this condition is real and help you understand the true nature of the condition so you can better understand how to treat it.
What you'll learn:
- The #1 cause of CRPS
- The underlying Nervous system changes with CRPS
- What's the deal with dystonia
- The science behind swelling with CRPS
- Why and how CRPS spreads
In part 2, we'll discuss the treatments for CRPS! Listen to PART 2 here: https://www.alissawolfe.com/podcasts/the-chronic-pain-breakup/episodes/2148056168
Wanna get help from someone who actually understands this condition? Set up a FREE one-on-one call here: https://www.alissawolfe.com/book-call
- Bharwani et al, 2021, 'Denying the Truth Does Not Change the Facts: A Systematic Analysis of Pseudoscientific Denial of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome'
- Sobeeh et al, 2023, 'Pain mechanisms in complex regional pain syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis of quantitative sensory testing outcomes'
- Rijn et al, 2011, 'Spreading of complex regional pain syndrome: not a random process'
- Brink et al, 2021, 'Predictors of Self-Reported Neglect-like Symptoms and Involuntary Movements in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Compared to Other Chronic Limb Pain Conditions'
- Scheuren et al, 2023, 'Pain‐autonomic measures reveal nociceptive sensitization in complex regional pain syndrome'
- Reimer et al, 2016, 'Sensitization of the Nociceptive System in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome'
- Huge et al, 2008, 'Interaction of Hyperalgesia and Sensory Loss in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type I (CRPS I)'
- Kuttikat et al, 2016, 'Neurocognitive and Neuroplastic Mechanisms of Novel Clinical Signs in CRPS'
- Lewis et al, 2010, 'Wherever is my arm? Impaired upper limb position accuracy in complex regional pain syndrome'
- Kuttikat et al, 2018, 'Altered Neurocognitive Processing of Tactile Stimuli in Patients with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome'
- Schwoebel et al, 2001, 'Pain and the body schema: evidence for peripheral effects on mental representations of movement'
- Brun et al, 2018, 'Exploring the Relationships Between Altered Body Perception, Limb Position Sense, and Limb Movement Sense in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome'
- Echalier et al, 2020, "Spontaneous sensations reveal distorted body perception in complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)'
- Peltz et al, 2011, 'Impaired hand size estimation in CRPS'
- Moseley et al, 2009, 'Space-based, but not arm-based, shift in tactile processing in complex regional pain syndrome and its relationship to cooling of the affected limb'
How We Can Work Together:
- Join The Chronic Pain Breakup Method - The most comprehensive program that teaches you to beat chronic pain by addressing the deeper cause, equipping you with knowledge and tools you can use that will put you in control of the pain instead of the pain controlling your every move.
- Book a FREE Pain Care Audit - Book a call so we can assess where you’re at and what your needs are
- Attend the Exclusive Online Training and learn how to breakup with your current pain "Managing" routine, and finally breakthrough chronic pain, once and for all, even if you've tried everything and nothing works.
Let's Get Connected...
Here are some ways to enjoy more FREE resources and content from Alissa Wolfe.