Understanding CRPS [PART 2 of 3]: The Truth About it’s Neurobiology and Effective Treatments
Welcome to Part 2 of this discussion on CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome), where you'll uncover some of the misinformation out there surrounding pain managing strategies used for CRPS.
In the world of CRPS, pain managing strategies are not all created equal. I wish I could they we're all no harm, no foul, but the truth is, there are some pain management strategies that, while they may relieve pain in the short term, have a long lasting, negative impact on your condition because they may exacerbate the underlying issue.
In this episode, I'm clearing up some of the misinformation surrounding:
- Electrical Stimulation for CRPS
- Pain Numbing Remedies (like ice, numbing creams, nerve blocks, injections, ablations, lidocaine patches, and opioid medications)
- Ketamine for CRPS
- Immobilization (physical or functional)
- Physical Therapy
- Desensitization therapy
- Vagus nerve stimulation
Listen to Part 1 Here: https://www.alissawolfe.com/podcasts/the-chronic-pain-breakup/episodes/2148050961
Stay tuned for Part 3!!
Book a one-on-one call here: https://www.alissawolfe.com/book-call
- Zhao et al, 2018, 'The Effect of Ketamine Infusion in the Treatment of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: a Systemic Review and Meta-analysis'
- Azari et al, 2012, 'Efficacy and Safety of Ketamine in Patients with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome'
- Kirkpatrick et al, 2020, 'Optimizing the Treatment of CRPS With Ketamine'
- Connolly et al, 2015, 'A Systematic Review of Ketamine for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome'
How We Can Work Together:
- Join The Chronic Pain Breakup Method - The most comprehensive program that teaches you to beat chronic pain by addressing the deeper cause, equipping you with knowledge and tools you can use that will put you in control of the pain instead of the pain controlling your every move.
- Book a FREE Pain Care Audit - Book a call so we can assess where you’re at and what your needs are
- Attend the Exclusive Online Training and learn how to breakup with your current pain "Managing" routine, and finally breakthrough chronic pain, once and for all, even if you've tried everything and nothing works.
Let's Get Connected...
Here are some ways to enjoy more FREE resources and content from Alissa Wolfe.